Medifast diet has for over twenty years provided dieters with readymade meals delivered right to their doorstep. Using the Medifast diet program people don’t have to plan meals, cook them or check nutritive values of food. Medifast diet can even help diabetics as there are meals made with a low glycemic formula under the Medifast diet plan. The meals included in the Medifast diet plan are high protein, high fiber meals which are designed specifically for people who want to lose weight. On the Medifast diet people can lose up to 20 pounds per month and anywhere between two to five pounds per week. The Medifast diet program encourages people to eat 6 small meals in day, and this usually includes five Medifast diet meals and one lean and green meal. This is an extremely popular diet and it is often recommended by physicians to dieters.
As part of the Medifast diet plan, dieters can create their own lean and green recipes and these are some of the popular ones; Grilled Lamb Chops with Zuchini, Pork Roast with Asparagus, Lean and Green Tuna Salad, Broccoli and Chicken and Cumin-Lime Steak. Some people even use the prepackaged Medifast oatmeal to create pancakes and muffins.
Origin of the Medifast Diet
Medifast diet was created by a physician and since its creation it has been recommended as a weight loss diet by over twenty thousand doctors. Since then the Medifast diet has gone from strength to strength and proved that it is an effective method to lose weight.
Medifast Diet Plan
Medifast diet even though it is conveniently packed and delivered to people’s doorstep is reasonably priced.
- Dieters who adopt the Medifast diet program have to drink around 64 ounces of water per day and eat every three hours to avoid getting hunger pangs.
- In addition to the five Medifast prepackaged meals dieters have to eat a lean and green meal consisting of vegetables and meat. As part of the Medifast diet plan this lean and green meal can only have seven ounces of white meat such as turkey, fish or chicken or five ounces of red meat such as beef, pork or lamb.
- Also included in the lean and green meal are three servings of raw or cooked vegetables.
- During the weight loss portion of the Medifast diet people are encouraged to eat vegetables that have fewer carbohydrates. Therefore, people during this phase usually chose to eat collards, iceberg lettuce, mustard greens, watercress, celery and cucumbers.
- Once dieters have reached their goal weight the Medifast diet program recommends that all vegetables be eaten.
Health Benefits of the Medifast Diet
Medifast diet has long been known to provide great health benefits. A recent clinical study conducted by Johns Hopkins has shown that the Medifast diet program for diabetics is superior to the ADA recommend diet as it results in greater weight loss and better control of blood sugar levels. Dieters do not have to exercise when they are on the Medifast diet, but the Medifast diet plan recommends that people get at least 10 minutes of exercise per day.